Frequently Asked Questions.
- Q: How long have you been providing disco's? A: Over 30 Years.
- Q: What are PAT and PLI and do you have them? A: PAT is quite simply a means by which any electrical equipment we use is checked regularly to make sure it's safe. Usually, this is done once a year, but we test at six month intervals as well and in the case of hire equipment, every time it is returned to us. PLI is Public Liability Insurance and ensures if any injury is sustained through anything we do, our insurance covers us. We have certificates to prove both these which are available for clients to view at any time.
- Q: Can we request songs? A: Absolutely - we encourage requests and we suggest you allow us to accept them at your function. We do not however play any tracks which are offensive or so bad you probably wouldn't want us to play them anyway!
- Q: Can we write you a playlist? A: Well, yes and no. In our many years experience, fixed and strict playlists do one thing to a party - kill it stone dead. Even we don't plan any music (except for special requests such as a first dance etc) before the event. A good DJ works the music around the guests to keep the dancefloor busy - having a strict playlist doesn't allow this to happen, so you may as well not bother having a DJ! Having said that, we do accept limited lists (we suggest around a dozen) 'must play' tracks, which we can include in our programme throughout the party. That way your guests are kept happy,. the dancefloor stays full and you get to hear your special songs.
- Q: Can we meet you and have a chat about our event? A: Of course - we encourage this. Especially where weddings are involved, this gives us a chance to meet you before your big day and discuss exactly how you'd like us to do things for you.
- Q: What do your DJ's wear? A: Whatever you'd like us to wear - within reason! 90% of the time, most of our clients prefer us to wear a black shirt and trousers, with shoes to match. Upon request, all our DJ's are happy to wear a suit and tie if you prefer this for your wedding. You will never, ever see any of them wearing jeans or trainers!
- Q: Just about every party we go to, the music is so loud we can't have a conversation - how loud do you play? A: Using our ultra high quality sound systems, we don't need to push our equipment to the limits and deafen people to entertain them. Although obviously louder than your home stereo, our attention is to quality rather than quantity. You'll love our sound systems - after all, our sister company has been designing and installing them in in clubs around the UK since 1982! All are capable of delivering music at a suitable level for any venue.
- Q: I went to a wedding last year and the DJ ruined the function room decor by dragging in huge black speaker boxes and running cables everywhere. You don't do this, do you? A: No! After you've spent hours planning how you'd like your room to look, the last thing you want is a pile of boxes at one end which would look more at home on a fairground. Our entire systems are designed to be unobtrusive, yet spectacular in every way once the switch is flicked!
- Q: We'd like to book a laser show - do you do them? A: Yes we do, but please bear in mind a lot of venues will not allow the use of the optical haze which is required for these shows, as their fire alarm system does not have the required facility. Although not 'smoke' as you see in nightclubs, haze can sometimes interfere with sensitive smoke detectors in some venues and without express, written permission from the management that we are allowed to use one, we cannot unfortunately bring one to the venue. In fact, optical haze enhances any light show, so if your venue does allow their use, then we're more than happy to provide one - and no, it won't make your guests cough!
- Q: How much do you charge? A: Ah - the big question. In simple terms, it depends. We have absolutely no fixed prices for any of our services as it depends on a lot of factors; start and finish times, distance, work involved in planning etc, extra services required, and many others. Suffice to say that we are a little more expensive some operators, cheaper than others, but offer outstanding value for money and a show your guests will be talking about for a long while afterwards. Your quotation will be individual and based on exactly what you'd like us to do and how you'd like us to do it.
- Q: What music do you have available and what sort of thing do you usually play? A: Just about anything you can think of. With the exception of 'theme' nights, where a certain genre or era of music is specified - for example 80's - we're renowned for playing a very wide range of music. We find many guests are apparently used to DJ's who only play a limited mix of music - they worry that their particular type of music won't be played. With the exception of the more extreme genres (such as very heavy rock, rap etc), you'll be pleased to hear we play something for everyone - this keeps dancefloors full and your guests happy. And that is, after all, what a good Dj should do.
- Q: We've seen on some other websites that some DJ's offer 'packages', such as Gold, Silver etc. Do you do that? A: Actually we don't. In our opinion (and remember it is just that!) we think it's unfair to do this as some clients may be tempted to pay more for a 'higher' package than they really need, simply because 'Platinum' obviously sounds better than 'Bronze'. Likewise if a particular budget doesn't run to a 'Gold' package, we would hate to think that may prevent someone who could be a valued client from making an enquiry. Needless to say what we do is tailor the equipment required to each venue - after all, technical aspects such as these are not something most clients are interested in - they want excellent sound, effective lighting, great music and a professional DJ. Which is why they book us!